Sam Lenaghan recently donated to help our grads on Boutique Day 2019. We really appreciate her support!
We have two crucial needs that are essential to the planning and prep for ‘Boutique Day 2019’…
1. We need a VENUE. A space large enough to hold all of our inventory (gowns, shoes, jewelry, etc) and change rooms, plus space for hair and make up, alterations, photographs, and a buffet. Ideally, we would like to have a space in Surrey, close to transit lines. Please see some of the pictures from past events to get an idea of the type of space we are looking for.
2. We need CASH donations. While we are always grateful for in-kind support, without cash, we are unable to pay for the venue, insurance, food, decorations…all the things that make the day special for our grads. As we now are a Registered Canadian Charitable organization, we can issue tax receipts for charitable donations.
If you can help in any way, please message us as soon as possible!
Planning for our 2019 Boutique Day is just beginning, and we are ready to accept donations. If you have any gently used formal wear (including shoes, jewelry, or other accessories) for men or women that you would like to donate, please take them to one of our drop off locations:
- Shelley’s Hair Studio – 520 Carnarvon Street, 604-526-3504
- Re/Max Advantage Realty – c/o Alison Hazelwood – #102 – 321 6th Street; 604-526-2888; M – Th – 8:30am – 8:00pm, Fri – 8:30am – 7:00pm, Sat – 10:00am – 5:00pm, Sun – 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Re/Max 2000 Realty, c/o Carol Dorey – #103- 15127 100 Avenue; M-F 9 – 7; Sat-Sun 10 – 3
- VanCity Guildford Community Branch, #108-15175 101st Avenue
- Vancity Morgan Creek Branch; unit H120 – 15795 Croydon Drive
- Beebe Cline, Hugh and McKinnon Realty, 14048 Terry Road, White Rock; 11 AM – 5 PM, 7 days per week
- Royal LePage Wolstencroft, 110 – 19925 Willowbrook Drive, Langley; call Candice (604-836-6099) for drop off hours/questions
Thanks for your support! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Our 8th annual ‘Boutique Day’ for grads in Surrey and New Westminster was held on March 4th. Over 50 volunteers pulled together to provide a day of pampering for nearly 60 students. Many thanks to everyone who helped to make this day possible – our donors, sponsors, and especially our volunteers. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Check out the ‘Boutique Day’ tab above to see photos of this year’s event.
On Saturday, March 3, from noon – 2 pm, we will be selling off tons of new and gently used cocktail dresses, shoes, jewelry, accessories – and everything is $15.00 or less!! We also have a small selection of gowns. Many items are brand new and still have tags attached. Designer brands like Guess, Chinese Laundry, Bebe, BCBG, etc., to name a few. Here are the details:
Where: Fraser River Middle School, 800 Queens Avenue, New Westminster (just 2 blocks up the hill from the New Westminster Skytrain station)
When: Saturday, March 3 – 12 – 2 pm
Details: CASH only, all items $15.00 or less. All proceeds will go back into supporting our program. All sales are final.
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!! We hope to see you all there!
Boutique Day 2018 is just two months away! We are still in urgent need of the following donations:
- make up artists, hair stylists, and seamstresses/tailors to volunteer their time and services on Sunday, March 4, from approximately 10 am until 5 pm
- donation of truck rental for two days (Saturday March 3 – Sunday March 4) to transport our inventory to and from our storage location to the Boutique Day venue
- cash donations – these will go towards purchasing food for the buffet lunch we prepare for the students
If you can help in any way, please email us at email@example.com. Thanks for your continued support!