Did you know? We need over 150 volunteers to make Boutique Day a success.
Are you interested in volunteering? Contact us at email@example.com
Here is a list of jobs available:
- Personal Assistant: one on one assistant to a student to help them select an outfit and accessories for their grad event. (must be 21 years old or older)
- Make Up Artists: provide make-up application to students (15 minutes per student) so they have some ideas for the day of their event. You will need to bring your own tools and supplies (we do have some make up available). Ideally, we are looking for professional make up artists or people with experience and expertise.
- Hair Stylists: Provide simple hair styles for students: flat iron, curling, pinning, etc,. and basic styling for the guys; approximately 15 minutes per students. No hair washing is permitted. We do have some hair accessories available, but you will need to bring your own hair irons, brushes and combs. Ideally, we are looking for professional hair stylists with experience and expertise.
- Seamstress/Sewers: provide minor alterations (hems and straps only) for the outfits the students select, if needed. Students will take their outfits home with them so any alterations need to be done on-site. You will need to bring your own sewing machine. We have some accessories available.
- Runner: Jobs include returning unwanted gowns from the changing rooms to the racks; restocking the shoe racks, jewelry tables, tie racks; replenishing food and drinks in the seamstress and stylist areas, etc. Wear your running shoes!
- Team Lead: One person to be the point person for each area: gowns, suits, accessories, make up, hair, alterations, photography. The lead’s job is to troubleshoot for their area and be the liaison between the area volunteers and the executive committee members. Leads should be returning volunteers who have experience with the operations of Boutique day.
- Set Up and Break Down Crew: We need many volunteers to help set up the event the day before (Saturday, March 7, 2020 – 11am approx.) and to help pack up after the event (Sunday March 8, 2020 – 3pm approximately). You will be unpacking and displaying the inventory, helping to set up tables, racks, change rooms, etc. Sunday’s break down involves re-packing all items for storage. Expect to spend approximately 3-4 hours for set up and 2 – 3 hours for break down.
- Moving Crew: This is a PAID CASH position. Movers will haul the inventory from our warehouse (located in Vancouver near the PNE) and unpack the moving truck at the Surrey location. You must be physically fit and strong; there are a lot of stairs in the warehouse and no elevator. *We are looking for 4 movers on Saturday morning (March 7, approximately 8 – 11 am) and 4 for Sunday afternoon, approximately 4 – 7 pm.
Whatever job you choose, we promise it will be a rewarding experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!